On behalf of the TEIN project, TEIN*CC makes a call for proposals to interested individuals or organizations who are willing to collaborate over TEIN and its peering networks; to host application workshops aimed at promoting applications on TEIN with budget provision. Information on the TEIN network can be found on www.tein.asia
The expected outcome of the workshop is laying a foundation for a concrete collaborative application project to be implemented on TEIN4 in at least 1 of the TEIN4 beneficiaries (Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Cambodia, India, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Nepal, Pakistan, the Philippines, Sri Lanka, Thailand and Vietnam) and candidate country (Mongolia, etc.). Examples of existing applications served on TEIN4 are, among others, projects in the fields of telemedicine, weather forecasting, climate change, and E-learning.
Application workshops must meet the following requirements:
- New innovative collaborations or enhancements on existing collaborations which can contribute to the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs) set by United Nations.
- Collaboration with at least 2 countries including the involvement of National Research and Education Networks (NRENs) at least 1 of the aforementioned TEIN4 beneficiaries and candidate countries.
- A project development plan for future collaborations should be included in the proposal with a clear timeline.
- Proposed applications in new areas as well as proposed enhancements of existing collaborative applications with a potentially significant impact will be given special consideration.
- All proposed applications/projects must be non-commercial in nature.
- The workshop is encouraged to be conducted during the course of 2015 while the actual collaborative activities on TEIN4 can commence or be conducted thereafter.
- The workshop can be co-located as a satellite event of existing meetings/conferences in the region, such as APAN and APRICOT Workshops.
Other Points to be noted:
- The organizer will try to invite at least one person from each TEIN beneficiary country including Mongolia, subject to availability of budget.
- Participants from Non-beneficiary countries are encouraged to be self-supported and subject to availability of seats.
Applications involving European partners are strongly encouraged.
Evaluation Criteria covered but not limited to the following areas:
- Prospect of Real Application on TEIN
- Emphasis on TEIN Beneficiary Countries
- Realistic Timeline/Duration on Set Objectives
- Cost (Needs to be specific, please check the Appendix1)
- Program Continuity
A proposal (not longer than 5 A4 pages) should include the followings:
- Set of objectives
- Expected results
- Synopsis program
- Post workshop development activity plan
- Target audience(s)
- Outlined budget. A break-down cost quotation for estimated budget should be included in the Proposal in Euro currency. The budget can be used to partially support the travel of resource persons and participants and for the organization of the event.
One proposal for one application workshop should be submitted.
Currently, there are no actions of Call for Proposals planned at the moment. TEIN*CC will announce the next phase programme shortly.
For more information, please contact email@example.com.